Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 21: Baptism!!

Well, I've got great news! Our investigator Adrienne got baptized on Saturday; I baptized her, and Elder Morton confirmed her a member of the Church on Sunday during sacrament meeting, and during both moments, I could, with utmost surety, feel the Spirit of the Lord in the baptismal font, and in the chapel. I felt true peace in those moments, and I knew that what I was doing was the right thing: that I was being a missionary for the only true and living Church of Jesus Christ in these latter days. Adrienne is fairly introverted and doesn't really express how she feels, but she was so kind as to write individual letters to both Elder Morton and I and gave a new tie to both of us. In the letter she wrote to me, she said that she was so grateful for my many testimonies that I bore that helped her see that this is the true Church. My heart has been touched, and in that moment that I read that letter for the first time, I actually almost got emotional reading it because I just felt a wave of peace wash over me. Literally, a wave of peace, it really did feel like an actual wave overcame me. I feel so blessed, and am so grateful to have been able to participate in her conversion process. Brothers and sisters, family and friends, the Church is true! I don't have much time left, but I just want to say that I love you all, and each of you are loved so very much by our heavenly Father!


Elder Ruiz
Baptism day!  Such a spiritual experience!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and especially for Adrienne; what a wonderful spiritual experience for you, Elder Morton, and Adrienne. Keep working hard and never be afraid to bear your testimony. You're a special young man, and I love reading your weekly reports; I can just see and feel your growth in confidence and in your testimony,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! What a great experience for you all. You have shared the opportunity for a whole new life with her. When we walk in the Lords footsteps our lives can be changed. I have enjoyed reading your letters and seeing you grow. You are an amazing missionary! Keep up the good work. We love you��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven,

    You are a wonderful missionary!!! Keep up the great work!

    Love,
    Ben's mom :)

    ReplyDelete