Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 18: Guten Tag!

It warmed up FAST here in Chino this past week, a little too fast for me haha; no more sweaters or coats at night for me!

This past week we had a great district meeting, and we all went around in a circle and bore our testimonies, and when it was my turn I started to cry because I was just overcome with the Spirit; it's almost as if I could feel the Saviors arms wrapping around me in an embrace. It was wonderful, everybody's testimonies were beautiful. Don't be afraid to bear your testimony, you never know who could be inspired by you sharing you testimony. Don't worry about what you're going to say; just follow the Spirit.

We've been teaching our new investigator Jose, he's really into the Bible and prophecies, and is very receptive. We invited him to come to church with us, and he did! The kicker though was during fast and testimony meeting, when he actually got up and talked about how the word of God is true and is full of life. How cool is that?! I was super stoked that he had the courage to do that, because he usually keeps to himself and isn't much of a social butterfly. I admire him for his courage to do something that was new for him.

We've also been teaching a couple, Michael and Berna. Berna is very receptive and seems to enjoy us coming over and teaching them, but for Michael it's a battle just to simply stay awake during the lessons because he's so exhausted and tired when he comes home from his job. We taught them the Word of Wisdom, and talked to Michael about helping him quit smoking. We even gave him a blessing. Yesterday I fasted and prayed for Michael to overcome his addiction, and have the energy that he needs for his work. And also so he can stay awake during our lessons haha. I have faith that he will receive the strength that he needs.

I just want to leave with a brief testimony that I know Heavenly Father lives, as does His Son, Jesus Christ. As long as we do our part, they will be there to help us when we need it most. Prayer is a powerful tool, as is the magnificent power of the priesthood. I am so honored to have the blessing of holding the priesthood and using it to bless others. I know that through Joseph Smith and by the power of God, the fullness of the priesthood was restored to the earth.

Well, I've gotta go, I hope you all have a good week! Also, the libraries will be closed next Monday, so I won't be emailing until Tuesday next week.



Elder Ruiz 
They call me the trash can DJ...We found a cool record player that was just thrown in the trash!


No comments:

Post a Comment