Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 20: We're gonna baptize Chino!

Howdy everyone! This past week was the last week of the transfer, and it was AWESOME! Elder Morton and I are killin it here in the Walnut Park ward. Adrienne our investigator is going to be baptized and confirmed this weekend, and she asked that I baptize her, so I'm pretty excited about that! Two of our other investigators have a baptismal date set for March 12th, so we are looking forward to that as well! Today marks the first day of a new transfer, and Elder Morton and I will be staying here in the Walnut Park Ward in Chino, which I am happy about! 

 From Wednesday evening to Thursday evening I got to go on exchanges with my district leader's companion, Elder Cuellar from Hidalgo, Texas. Him and our district leader are Spanish-speaking missionaries covering the north half of the Chino Stake, so I actually got to be in a car area for a day! And I was excited that I could speak some Spanish to some people (or what very little I know haha). The Spanish members and Elder Cuellar said I have good Spanish pronunciation, so that's a good thing I guess haha. I even got to participate in blessing an elderly Spanish lady while Elder Cuellar anointed her in Spanish, it was a neat experience! And we tracted into a Hispanic guy who was working on a house, and he said he loves the Church and he has a friend who is a member, and we had a really great conversation and a perfect chance for Elder Cuellar to use his Spanish, since he was originally called to serve English-Speaking. He's made a lot of progress though these past two transfers as a Spanish missionary!

So yeah, other than that we've been doing the same old work. Actually, missionary work never gets old, because it's always a blessing! Every member a missionary! Please, I encourage you to read the February Ensign, it is sooooooo goood! Reading the articles made me think of so many people that could benefit from the messages found in the magazine! I also EXTREMELY encourage you to study a speech given by Brad Wilcox entitled "His Grace is Sufficient". That talk has helped me to understand what grace truly is, and how it affects all of us. 

I love you all, and will talk again next week!


Elder Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment