Friday, April 14, 2017

Week 73: 6 Week Shafted and Back Down the Hill!

Well some interesting things happened in regards to the transfer calls that came over the weekend. First off, I got shafted out of the Mojave River Ward in Hesperia after only being there for 1 transfer! Second, President Taylor called us Friday night and told me that I will be a Zone Leader, and then on Sunday night we received word that I'd be going to Upland! I had a great experience serving in the Mojave River Ward with Elder Olson for 6 weeks. I loved serving in the hight desert, the wards were great, the people were great, and it was like a home away from for me. But alas, the Lord has moved me from the winter wonderland of dry skin and heavy winds, to the lusciously green Inland Empire with big homes and plenty of smog to go around. But who cares, I love all parts of our mission, and I'll go where the Lord puts me. So here I am now, emailing you all from Upland, California!
As is typical of a missionary leaving an area, we went to members' homes and took pictures with them and had a few final goodbyes. On Friday night we had a great lesson with our two investigators; we brought the YMP with us and we taught them some commandments. The Spirit was there, and it was a good lesson.
Well my new companion is Elder Hirst from Minnesota. He's been out slightly longer than I have, he's chill. I'm short on time so I gotta go, but just know that I know that God loves each of you, and His Gospel can bless your life as you learn of it and live it!


Elder Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment