Friday, April 14, 2017

Week 74: Did you get pinched on Friday?

Happy Monday everyone, I hope you all had an enjoyable St. Patrick's Day last week on Friday. My companion and I made sure to wear green ties that day haha.

Where to start off...well Elder Hirst and I have been running around a lot carrying out responibilities and going to meetings. I'm still trying to get used to this whole zone leader thing.  On Thursday we drove to the mission office in Rancho Cucamonga and attended Mission Leadership Council (4 HOURS!). We got to see a sneak peek of the Church's new Easter video, it's awesome! I feel like Elder Hirst and I are trying to run a business here haha, we have a lot of administrative stuff to do as zone leaders. 

Nothing much happened last week; we spent a lot of time trying to see former investigators, potential investigators and less-actives and inviting them out to the Moses' Tabernacle event and giving them flyers. Moses' Tabernacle is a public exhibit being put on by Church members of a life size replica of Moses' Tabernacle. It's going to be set up at the Chino Stake Center in Chino Hills, and we are expecting quite a few nonmembers to come check it out. Us missionaries will have "shifts" when we will be giving tours of the exhibit and also talking to people, so we will be really busy with that over the next two weeks. During last week though we taught a few recent converts the Word of Wisdom and read the Book of Mormon with the other. It was cool to hear that they were first taught by one of my previous companions Elder Morton! We were kept busy with administrative tasks that we had to do.  While Elder Hirst and I were walking down the street on Saturday we saw a squirrel sitting on the edge of a fence next to the sidewalk. Elder Hirst tried talking to the squirrel, and the squirrel noticed us and leaped across the sidewalk onto the trunk of a tree, and it leaped past us not even 3 feet from our faces, so I guess you could say that was an interesting experience haha. I don't have much time left now, so I gotta go. We'll see what the Lord has in store for us this week.

Love you all,


Elder Ruiz
My companion Elder Hirst and I.

Picture from my last area with our Ward Mission Leader Brother Rauma and Sister Rauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment