Friday, April 14, 2017

Week 75: From the Land of Up!

Hey there! I know it's only been 4 days since I last sent out an email, so I don't have much to report on, therefore I'll keep it short. 

Between Monday and now we had our zone conference and we've been busy with Moses' Tabernacle in Chino Hills. So far I've been able to see a lot of the Walnut Park ward members in Chino that I was really close with! It was so good to see them again! There has been a really good turnout to the event; a local news channel even came over and filmed the event and did a report on it.

Zone conference was great, we all left that meeting having learned something new I think. We were combined with the Chino zone, so I got to see a few elders serving in that zone that were in the same MTC group as I. The Ontario stake president and his wife were guest speakers at our conference, and President and Sister Taylor gave some wonderful counsel. Our conference focused a lot on improving our companionship studies, helping our investigators understand and seek revelation through prayer, and the standards of the Missionary Handbook by always being wise and mature in our conduct. We have good missionaries in the Upland Zone.

We had our temple trip today at the Redlands temple for all the elders in our zone, so our P-Day was moved from this upcoming Monday to today. Hence the reason for me writing this. It feels like it has been an eternity since I last went to the temple. Once I entered the temple, changed clothes, and sat down in preparation for the endowment session, it was as if all the thoughts and worries that were on my mind were gone! I love being in the house of the Lord, where there is so much peace, where we can go to seek revelation and answers to questions that we have, where we can be strengthened against our temptations, and where we can set aside the things of the outside world and enter to feel the Spirit and serve as proxies to those who have passed on from this life. I know that all of us can be able to experience these same blessings as we attend the temple. 

Well, that about sums up our week so far. I won't be emailing next week since we don't have a P-Day then. I hope you all are doing well, know that my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Love, 


Elder Ruiz
Elder Hirst and I in front of the Redlands Temple this afternoon.

Us on tour guide duty for Moses' Tabernacle this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment