Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 71: The Wind in the Willows..oh wait I mean Hesperia

Greeting from the first day of the week!

On Monday last week the weather in the morning was great, so we drove to a member's house and we played croquet in his back yard. For a second I felt high-class as the other elders and I walked around the yard in our shirt and ties, swinging around wooden sticks in the sun haha. The member also gave us a tour of his birds that he owns, there were so many! Some of them were fairly big, while others were a little bigger than a golf ball, I swear!

On Wednesday I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with our District Leader, Elder Gibbons from West (or South?) Jordan. We had an awesome lesson with a investigating family that Elder Gibbons and his companion are teaching right now.

On Saturday Elder Olson and I both felt like they weren't really progressing much, and so rather than teach the Plan of Salvation we instead taught them the Gospel of Jesus Christ, so we could talk about baptism, because we both felt that we shoud push back their baptismal date because we feel we need more time to prepare and keep their commitments. Our ward mission leader was present with us and he had some really good input, relating to them his own conversion story as a young man. We explained to them the importance of reading the Book of Mormon and praying, and during our lesson about the GOJC we made sure they understood the importance of repentance, what it is, why we need to repent, and that it is because of our Savior's Atonement that makes repentance possible. Looking back, I can see how the Holy Ghost helped my companion and I and our ward mission leader know what to say and what to ask during the lesson. As we were guided by the Holy Ghost we were able to ask inspired questions. We recommitted our two investigators to read the Book of Mormon and pray daily, both individually and as a family, and they said they would. It was a great lesson. The Spirit of the Lord was there; I could tell from the feelings of peace, love, and joy that were felt in our investigators' home.

Other than that, we are still just trying to find. We recently received some some assignments from the ward and stake to see the less-active young single adults, part-member families, and other members. I know there is much potential here in this ward, it's just a matter of having the faith to go out and work and find. I know that through faith in Jesus Christ and turning our faith into action, we can find God's children who are ready to learn the Restored Gospel. I am so grateful for this time that I have been given to serve Heavenly Father and His children, my brothers and sisters. I love being a full-time representative of our beloved Savior and His Church. Our loving Father in heaven and His Son Jesus Christ love you SO MUCH, and I too love each of you. You are my family and friends, but spiritually speaking we are all one great big family here on earth. Now let's make sure we love one another. I hope you all enjoy this new week!



Elder Ruiz







No comments:

Post a Comment