Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 67: Goodbye Phelan and Oak Hills, hello again Hesperia!

Last week was pretty low key. On Thursday I was able to conduct exchanges with Elder Velasquez in the Maple Ward. He is a very good missionary; such a humble and submissive servant of the Lord. He is able to carry a spirit of peace with him. Proselyting was difficult that day because a lot of people we planned on seeing were not home, but while we were tracting we came across a man who has a strong belief in God and how his relationship with God has completely changed his life for the better. After testifying to him about Jesus Christ and how His gospel can bless each of us, we asked him if he would be interested in learning more, and he said he totally love to learn more from us!  All the biking and walking that evening was worth it, just for that one man that we were able to meet and share the gospel with.

On Saturday we played basketball in the morning with some nonmembers, and then spent a few hours at Mea Ola's Place repairing vinyl fencing and constructing a big tent. Not your typical service projects that missionaries would do, but that's what makes Mea Ola's Place so awesome!

Well, transfer calls came over the weekend, and here I am now serving in the Mojave River Ward in Hesperia (I'm in a different zone than I was in last time I was serving in Hesperia, so it's new to me haha). I'm serving on the east side of Hesperia this time. My companion is Elder Christian Olson from Castle Rock, Colorado, he's a cool cat who likes movies. Good guy with a good attitude. I am grateful for the opportunity that I had of serving with Elder Hulterstrom. We worked together and were fortunate to see the fruits of our labors this transfer. I thank the Lord for allowing me to stay in Phelan and Oak Hills for 6 wonderful months. I feel like I have grown so much. I have come to love the people there so much, and I will miss them dearly. The people I meet and get to know on my mission will always have a special place in my heart. Over the weekend Elder Hulterstrom and I were able to make a few visits and take some pictures with ward members, which was nice.

I am short on time today, we still have a few things to do, so I gotta go. But know that I love each of you and am grateful for you in my life!


Elder Ruiz
 Exchanges with Elder Velasquez who is from Nebraska.
 Silly Hesperia B Zone picture
Sister Lamb, Sister Wagstaff, myself, and Elder Hulterstrom and Mea Ola's Place on Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment