Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Week 64: Since when did anyone tell me it would be cold in So. Cali?

Hey everyone, don't worry I'm still alive and well! We had another storm system come through our area and dump some more rain and snow on us, yay! If only I could go skiing as a missionary... 

Last week I had the opportunity to go on exchanges in our district with Elder Henson from Richfield, Idaho (near Twin Falls). He's a cool cat; good guy, easy to talk to and loves teaching and serving others. During our exchange that day we helped with Sister Rael's fruit orchard. Operating the tractor brought me back to the days of working at the stables back home and shoveling dirt brought Elder Henson back to the days of working at a dairy haha. We had a good time helping her with that. And in the evening we taught a lesson to Nicole and Christian our two newest investigators with her husband Brian who is a returning less-active. The Spirit was strong in their home as we taught them the Restoration. They committed to reading the Book of Mormon and praying about whether or not it is the word of God, and if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. I have known them for only a short period of time for now, but I have come to love them and desire their salvation. By the power of the Holy Ghost and with the help of Brian, I know that they have been led to this great Gospel.

Elder Hulterstrom and I went to a member's home in the Oak Hills Ward and helped him split wood with his wood splitter in the wind and rain! Despite the recent weather, I still want to help other people; I don't want weather to keep us from helping someone. We were able to take some of that split wood and give it to a member who was low on their supply of firewood. They were extremely grateful. Later that night we drove with that member to Victorville to the local hospital to give another member a blessing of healing; she had been having a very difficult time breathing, so she was taken to the hospital. As far as we know she is doing better, so that's good.

Anyways, I love this area and the people here, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ really does bless us! Love you guys!


Elder Haven Ruiz

Selfie by Elder Henson from the raised bucket of the tractor!

No comments:

Post a Comment