Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Week 62: A Good Week

Elder Hulterstrom and I had a good week! I thought district meeting was incredible. Throughout the meeting I felt the Spirit guiding me as to what I should ask and say. Everyone commented afterwards and expressed how much they enjoyed it. That made me really happy to know that enjoyed it and they were able to learn at least something from our meeting.

We were busy with service this past week. Just in this past week my love for the people has grown so much. Serving others and having the the spirit of Christmas in our hearts can be a double whammy so to speak; it just makes life so much better! On Sunday the father and son of the family we baptized two weekends ago received the Aaronic priesthood, I am glad Elder Hulterstrom and I had the opportunity to participate in that exercise of priesthood power and authority.


Also, it snowed on Friday! WOOHOO! I literally jumped and shouted for joy when I saw a thin layer of white on the ground! But it wasn't like snow back home; by the next morning most of it had melted where we live. I made sure to take a picture of the snow while we were getting gas for our truck before it melted!

Christmas is just so awesome! I'm so sad that in 1 week it will be over. But that doesn't mean we should stop thinking about the Savior every day! He is always here for us, whenever we need him, no matter what. It is just a matter of whether or not we humbly turn ourselves over to Him and ask for His divine assistance. Whether it be problems at work or school, experiencing the peace and happiness from learning about the restored gospel, repenting of sins, experiencing the loss of a loved one, feeling the Holy Ghost, having financial struggles, experiencing the joy of feeling forgiveness of your sins, serving someone, feeling alone, lost, depressed, sad or resentful, attending the temple;  He is always by your side! Never forget that! He will always love you no matter what. He is our greatest source of comfort from the trials and tribulations we will face during our life here on earth. I love the Savior so much. I love you all so much, I think of you frequently during this Christmas season. Enjoy your Christmas this Sunday.

Love,

Elder Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment