Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Week 32: Up the hill...

Well, I GOT TRANSFERRED!!!! I am super excited to be serving in a new area this transfer, but I will miss the people in the Walnut Park Ward that I have come to love so much. Funny story: last night our zone leaders called us and told me I'm going to be serving in Rancho (Cucamonga)...
Or that's at least what I thought they said over the phone.
Turns out I was going to be serving in the Ranchero ward haha. Either the zone leaders told me the wrong info over the phone, or it's because of my partial hearing loss in my ears. 

So children, the lesson here is that you should wear earplugs when you are with the drumline or playing the drums. 

The Ranchero ward is "up the hill"... so now I'm in the DESERT, woohoo!!!! Aghhhhh I am so excited to be here, I can't even put it into words!!!! My second companion Elder Jessee is in our district too, so I'm happy about that! The desert is almost a different subculture than that found "down the hill" in the valley haha, and I can already tell that the people here are different than the people in the valley, but I like it; it gives variety for me to experience. My companion is Elder Hulet who's from a little town outside of Parowan, Utah (southern Utah). He's down to earth, and seems to have a good attitude about the work, which I like to see in missionaries. This is his last transfer in the mission before he goes home, so I hope to help him make the most out of it. Our ward covers Hesparia and I think a little bit of Oak Hills. We drive a Nissan SUV, and part of our area is dirt roads, so to me that adds a little bit of excitement to my time that I will be here haha! 

I know that this work that I do, that all missionaries do, is the Lord's work. He works through us "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." And as you try your best to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, you can be an instrument in the Lord's hands too. We can all make a difference! The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, and I know that to be an absolute fact. I defend that truth with all my heart. 

I have much love and appreciation for all of you and for the influence you have been in my life. I have learned something from each of you in one way or another, not matter how small. Thank you. 

Choose the right, live the gospel, and let the gospel change you into the kind of wonderful person your Heavenly Father would have you be. He loves you all, so very much.

Have a good week y'all.

-Elder Ruiz

Here are some pictures of me while I was still in Chino last week. Sorry I didn't get a photo of my new companion and I. I'll make sure to get one by next Monday though haha.


Brother Rodriguez (who served with my uncle in Colombia), and his mother, who knew my grandpa back in the day. Small world when your'e LDS haha!

Remember when I first came to Chino I told you about the recent convert that has tattoos all over him...well here he is, the one and only Brother Pierce! He went through the temple two weeks or so ago and received his endowment; it's amazing to see the progress he's made and how much he has grown in the gospel!


​Interesting picture I took of Elder Morton and I weekly planning on Friday. 


Alas, we must go our separate ways. Till we meet again Elder Morton!








No comments:

Post a Comment