Thursday, May 12, 2016

Week 30: The 909

Hey happy Mother's Day (yesterday of course haha). I hope you all had an enjoyable Sunday yesterday. I enjoyed being able to talk to my parents; but it is strange to think that I only get to see their faces twice a year haha. 

The weather last week was great; it was cloudy with a slight breeze, so most of the week it was cool temperatures. I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the Spanish elders in their area, and I learned a few Spanish words, and I even learned how to bear my testimony in Spanish, which I am super happy about! There is a convert of about a year and a half named Jerry that went to the Redlands temple on Friday and received his endowment, which all of us were really excited about. He has long hair with a beard and mustache, but it was weird seeing him with short hair and no facial hair haha. I'm so happy for him.Our investigator Jose finally came to church again after weeks of not being able to meet with him. And the new investigator we  picked up last week we ended up dropping yesterday morning because he said he is good with where he is at in life right now, but he appreciated us teaching him and caring about him. Oh well, maybe now is not his time to meet with the missionaries haha. All of the brethren in the ward sang "I am a Child of God" in sacrament meeting during the Mother's Day Primary Program, and I'd say we weren't too shabby for only practicing during opening exercises for Priesthood meeting haha.

Well, two more weeks left for this transfer! I'll be trying to live it up while I still can here in Chino if I get transfers! I love you all, thank you for the love and support that you have expressed for me! Have a great week!

-Elder Ruiz
Thing  1 and Thing 2! We are twinners today haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment