Thursday, May 19, 2016

Week 31: Mission Mormonaries

This last week was great! We were blessed with 3 new investigators that want to learn more, so I'm very happy about that! My companion went to the Los Serranos Ward in Chino Hills for exchanges on Saturday, and Elder Robbins from that area came to our area for the day. We had a great exchange! We were able to teach Jose. He didn't read the Book of Mormon chapter that we asked him to read last time. He told us he doesn't like to read. At that point I was feeling a little fired up because we've been trying to work with him for a while now and he hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon since our third lesson back in February. So I decided to be fearless with him and tell him that we don't come to his house to hang out or simply talk about God and Jesus. I explained to him our purpose as missionaries, and how if he doesn't read, then we can't progress in the lessons. And wow, I felt the Holy Ghost put power behind my words and give me the words that were meant to be said to him! I could see that Jose understood what I was trying to tell him, and because of that we were able to clear up some misunderstandings. Bottom line is that Elder Robbins and I heavily emphasized how important it is to read the Book of Mormon, for it is the only way one can know whether or not the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Jesus Christ's church, if Joseph Smith was a prophet, and if the priesthood really was restored to Joseph Smith by heavenly messengers. It truly is the keystone of our religion. 

Other than exchanges and our lesson with Jose, nothing big happened last week. Elder Morton and I are still trying to work our hardest finding people to teach and inviting everyone to come unto Christ! This is the last week of the transfer, so I'm more sure that Elder Morton or myself are leaving. 

Love you all, have a great week! Make good choices. Strive for humility, for it is when we are humble that we can learn the most. The greatest leaders are the greatest followers. 

-Elder Haven Ruiz
Only the finest (donuts): I thought I'd get some donuts from this doughnut shop that I've been to before around the corner, since this is the last week of the transfer and I might never partake of this manna from heaven. They are made fresh every morning! It's hard to say whether or not they're better than the donuts at Day's Market in Provo haha. Also, what's the difference between donut and doughnut? I don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment