Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 28: Brownie Waffles

Greetings fellow earthlings, this past week was spledid! Elder Morton and I have been doing a lot of tracting these past few weeks to try and pick up some new investigators. We had to drop one of our investigators named Bernie because he hasn't been keeping commitments that we have given him, but oh well, maybe he'll be ready in the future! Since my companion Elder Morton is the district leader, he went on exchanges with Elder Robbins in the Los Serranos ward, and his companion Elder Muhlstein went with me for the day in our ward. He's a great elder; he's from Riverton Utah and likes to snowboard. It's funny how many Utah/Idaho missionaries there are in this mission; a lot of us know each other from back home. For example, Elder Muhlstein knows one of my previous companions (Elder Jessee) from back home because they both went to the same high school! Haha it's a small world here in California being LDS. For dinner last night some members made us brownie waffles, and they were actually pretty good! The weather in Chino has been getting better these past few days (at least in my opinion haha); the heat streak finally ended early last week, and since  then it's been in the 80's during the day, and the nights have been very cool with a slight breeze. It's been great weather; we've even been sleeping with the windows open because it's so cool outside, it's great! 

I want to leave you with my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it to be the word of God. I testify of the authenticity of it, and am not afraid to tell anyone that it is "the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and (that) a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." I cannot even describe how much the Book of Mormon can change people. I know that it has changed me for the better. I am eternally grateful for it. The blessings it brings are innumerable. It can strengthen you when you feel all hope is lost; you can find joy in its words; it can strengthen your marriage and family; it can answer questions of the soul; and you can find true peace as you study and live its teachings. It is evidence of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that Christ lives, that through Him we can find eternal joy, and eventually return to live with our loving Heavenly Father. 

I love you all, and am grateful for each and every one of you. Choose the right, love and serve others; follow the loving example of our Savior Jesus Christ. He loves you. 

-Elder Ruiz

Also, I LOVE this testimony given by Elder Bruce R. McConkie of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles back in the 80's. He gave this speech only a few days before he passed away. It it so powerful and moving to me every time I watch it; to see his conviction and emotion, and his love for Jesus Christ. I hope it can inspire you in some way.


No comments:

Post a Comment