Thursday, April 14, 2016

Week 26: 5th Transfer

Hello again everyone, today is the first day of my 5th transfer out here on my mission, 6 month mark! Transfer calls came, and I'll be staying here in the Walnut Park Ward in Chino. I was looking forward to being transferred to another area, but it seems the Lord has something else in store for me haha.

Nothing too big to report about this past week, but it went well. On Monday we had our zone activity at a park in Chino Hills; we played Indian Ball (it's similar to football; I don't really know how to put it into words haha), and we also played capture the flag. Tuesday we had a great zone meeting, Thursday we taught the Plan of Salvation with Bishop Smith to a recent convert. Friday I could not stop thinking about transfers, because I totally thought I would get transferred (staying in one area for 6 months is pretty long), and the other elders in our apartment even said they thought I'd be leaving...but lo and behold, the call never came haha. Elder Morton and I are still companions, and he's been called to be district leader, so I'm looking forward to going on exchanges with the zone leaders! Chino received a fair amount of rain this past weekend, which I am very happy about. The storms keep the temperatures cool during the day, which I like. Sunday was great; while I was fasting I felt spiritually strengthened and nourished, and I even went up to the stand and bore my testimony (which I never did back home haha). 

I have been thinking lately about the difference between how I felt spiritually before my mission, and now during my mission, and how much my testimony has grown. And I can definitely say that I'm a lot better on my mission! This morning I thought of a question that I asked to myself: 

Do the things I say, think, do, or participate in:
-Help me grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ?
-Help me feel the Spirit more throughout the day?


I encourage you all to ask that same question to yourself. I can't help but think of the phrase "Surround Yourself With Greatness" (I can't remember if that's a book title or something, but whatever).
By ourselves, we cannot make those changes that are necessary to align our will with the Lord's will. We must humble ourselves and ask Him to help us. And He will gladly help us, all we have to do is ask. Because through Christ we can do all things!

Applying the gospel to your life does not hurt you. It does not make life boring or hard. It does not make you seem weird to other people when you actively live it (and if they criticize you for it, then that's their problem). The gospel of Jesus Christ was created to help us return to live with our loving Heavenly Father. It helps us when we need all the help we can get. It can bless ourselves and those around us. It is a tool that can be used for any task; all we have to do is pick it up and use it! Stand up for truth and righteousness!

I love you all and wish you a wonderful week!

-Elder Ruiz


Our beloved Chino Zone! Two Elders are missing in the picture because they got a drink of water, but whatever haha. My companion Elder Morton is the Elder that's laying on the ground haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment