Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week 27: Heat Streak

Howdy y'all, this past week we experienced many miracles and tender mercies. Elder Morton and I were tracting down a few streets in Chino, and we came across several people who were quite interested in learning more, and said we could come back. Also, we tracted into the parents of an investigator's family that the Spanish Sisters are now teaching! Now that was meant to be! They spoke very little English, but their son said they like Mormons and that we could come by this week and talk more! Woohoo, I'm so pumped! We went and visited less-actives with a returning less-active member, which was awesome! For the past two or three weeks my bike hasn't been working well, and on Wednesday I could no longer shift (it's the gear shifter lines that broke), so this afternoon I took my bike in to a bike shop to get fixed, and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. On Friday we had a great visit with a less-active member. Elder Morton and I taught him the importance of the Book of Mormon and challenged him to read it. I had such a strong feeling to just be direct with him and ask him why he doesn't come to church, so I just flat-out asked him, and he simply told us why, which is what I've been waiting for him to tell us this whole time we've been seeing him! It's amazing how when we act on promptings from the Spirit, we can do amazing things! I know without a doubt that I was guided by the Spirit to ask certain inspired questions, and that the less-active could feel the Spirit, as well as the power of our testimonies and the message we shared. On Sunday we had a great stake conference, and Adrienne (recent convert) came to all of it, which is good!

The Gospel is real, and the Church is true! If we want to see blessings, we have to live the Gospel; it's as simple as that! Have a great week, I love you all!
-Elder Ruiz

"The baking of life’s best cakes takes time. Don’t despair of tarrying and trying."

     -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment