Thursday, January 21, 2016

Week 15: MLK

Happy MLK day...yesterday, that is! I'm emailing today because all the libraries in the county were closed for MLK day, so we've been given permission to email today. 
I said last week that I have a feeling that this transfer is going to be great, and I was right: this transfer really has been going great! Elder Morton is just plain awesome! He's a great missionary with a strong testimony. Elder Morton and I were fortunate enough to pick up two former investigators, who still have an interest in learning about the gospel. Monday evening was AWESOME! We taught the Plan of Salvation at a member's house for FHE to an investigator family. The presence of the Spirit during that lesson was moving! It's as if the Spirit was bringing to my mind the very words that the Lord would have me say to our investigators as we taught! On Tuesday Elder Morton had an appointment with a foot doctor in Upland, so we got to cruise around the city with the zone leaders for an hour or two. Interesting side note: Our new zone leader, Elder Memmott, is cousins with one of my neighbors back in my home ward! Again, such a small world! We also got 3 media referrals in one day, which is a blessing; more people to teach! On Sunday we had ward conference, and Adrienne our investigator came to all of church. The highlight was that two of our other investigators, Kimberly and Kathy, came to all of church with their less-active mom! I have been praying my whole mission that they would come to church, and now my prayer has been answered! The stake president gave a really good talk about goals and resolutions, and about the 3 "D's" of Lucifer: Deceiving, Discouraging, and Distracting. Try to keep your focus on good things, particularly the gospel. Gotta go! 


-Elder Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment