Thursday, January 21, 2016

Week 14: New Companion!

I hope everyone has had a great week! I just have to say that I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family members and friends. 

This past week Elder Jessee and I picked up two new investigators, and even set a baptismal date with them! Looking back, I can see how the Spirit helped us teach that lesson on the Restoration. It is awesome! On Thursday my companion got called by our mission president to work in the mission office, and was told he had two hours to pack and leave the apartment. Now that was something we were not expecting to come! So for the rest of last week I was in a trio with two elders from another ward in our zone. Saturday was the big day; the day when transfer calls came. I wasn't surprised when my district leader told me that I was going to be staying in the Walnut Park Ward, but I'm happy I'm staying. The ward is great, and missionary work is picking up in our area! One thing I've learned this transfer is that obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings MIRACLES!!
It rained a lot at the beginning of last week, there were huge puddles all along the streets (the drainage system is terrible out here haha)! Thankfully we rode our bikes that day, so our shoes and feet didn't get soaked like the last big storm that came through here. We have been teaching the Plan of Salvation a lot last week, and it gives me great comfort knowing I can see my dear little brother Joaquin again.

Today is the first day of a new transfer, and I got a new companion, Elder Morton from Vernal, Utah! I have a feeling this transfer is going to be great! 

I can promise you all that if you take a few minutes every day to pray and study the scriptures, you will see a difference in your everyday life. I have seen how studying the gospel and praying every day has changed me for the better. Not only has my knowledge of the Gospel increased, but I have also come closer to my Heavenly Father, as well as my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the Atonement, and for the knowledge of our purpose here on earth that we have as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

Well, you all have a great week! Thanks again for all the letters and emails that you send to me! Adios!


-Elder Ruiz



No comments:

Post a Comment