Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 7: "Let us talk of holy things..."

Greetings. I hope everyone will enjoy this Thanksgiving week! Always try to be grateful, not just during Thanksgiving. 

During companion exchanges on Thursday, I was paired up with Elder Broadhead (who I came out here to CA with), and that night we taught Leo and Zoey Lin, whose mother was baptized a long time ago in Taiwan, but she became inactive once she came to America because she didn't know where the local ward met. However, some missionaries recently came into contact with here, and so she wanted them to teach her two kids (13 and 16, respectively). They came to know the Book of Mormon is true, and desired to be baptized. While we were teaching them in their house, I could feel their sweet spirits, they just seemed so...kind, so meek, and have a strong desire to learn more about the gospel. I think these are attributes we should all desire to have and work towards. On Saturday they were baptized by Elder Broadhead and his companion Elder Smith. I asked Leo how he felt afterwards, and he felt happy. It reminded me of when I was baptized, and how I felt then. We should always treasure our baptism as something sacred, and strive to live worthily of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Because they are not in our ward, we were not able to attend the sacrament meeting where they were given the Holy Ghost, but I bet it was a neat experience for them.

On Friday we met with an investigator named Angie. We re-taught her the Restoration and accepted our invitation to be baptized! I think many good things will come from her; I believe the Lord has prepared her heart to receive the gospel. 

"The weather outside is frightful..."... well actually it's not; it is quite enjoyable. Still too warm for me though.  I still prefer being able to walk in the snow; that's probably the one thing I miss from home right now, the snow!! The trees are still green, and in the afternoon the temperature just hangs out in the 80's, so we have some pleasant weather down here right now. I just really miss a REAL winter!

I borrowed a classical guitar from one of the the counselors in the ward bishopric because I've been wanting to perform a musical number for district meeting tomorrow, so I've been practicing since Friday. And it's been so long since I've played guitar that my fingertips are raw from practicing so much!

So yeah, that's what's happening out here in So-Cal! Read the Book of Mormon; it is ESSENTIAL that you build and strengthen your own testimony, because you can't go on for the rest of your life living off of/using someone else's testimony. You must become fully converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ! This is my challenge to you all, I promise it will bless you. 

Love you all!


Elder Ruiz
A few of us Elders chillin before District Meeting last Tuesday! And yes, there are more than just us four in our district. 

No comments:

Post a Comment