Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 6: "Real men pray!"

Hello hello, hope you all are doing alright! This past week I had some really cool experiences! And the weather has been getting cooler, which makes me even more happier! Almost time for sweater weather haha!

Last Monday all the missionaries in our zone played volleyball at the stake center, it was great, we all had a blast. Wednesday I had to attend a 4-week meeting for greenies (so called because we've been in the field for 4 weeks now), and while there I got to see Elder McClaws and Elder Ludwig, who came out here with me and were in my district back at the MTC! They seem to be doing well; Elder McClaws is whitewashing an area up in the high desert, and Elder Ludwig is serving in Ontario (the city in America, not Canada haha).

On Thursday one of my zone leaders, Elder Reddish, was my companion for a companion exchange. It was different than my last exchange though because with this one I was basically acting as the senior companion since we would be staying in my area, and I'd be showing him around haha, and since I'm a greenie and he's been out for more than a year haha. Anyways, he taught me some helpful tips about street contacting, and we were actually able to talk to several people who actually didn't mind talking to us! We were even able to had out a few pass-along cards with our contact info!  

Friday night was very special to me because I got to anoint someone with oil and give them a blessing for my first time! I was nervous at first because I wanted to make sure that I said all the right words, but once I got to the blessing, I just let the Spirit take over, and boy was is a wonderful feeling. It's like I wasn't even talking, it was the Spirit talking through me! I felt so much peace afterwards; it was an experience I will never forget! 

Saturday my companion and I had the opportunity to briefly talk to a pastor from another church, who was having an estate sell of his recently-deceased mother's belongings. He was kind and let us take some Christmas decorations home for free haha! But somehow we ended up promising the other men there that we would make them cookies on Tuesday haha. 

Last night we had a teaching appointment, and as we were biking to the family's house, out of nowhere is started to sprinkle, and after 20 or so feet it was raining HARD! by the time we got to their house, Elder Gunnerson and I were both soaked haha! During our appointment with this family, we were able to commit 3 of their little girls to being baptized on December 19th, yay! I'm very excited for them, especially for their Kimberly, the oldest of the three, who has a strong desire to be baptized and learn more about the church! 

So, things are looking good out here in Chino! Thank you for the emails you have sent me, and for your love and support! Love you all!


Elder Ruiz

Reunited!

No comments:

Post a Comment