Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Final Week: This Is It

...Wow...this is my last email as a full-time missionary. It's hard to believe that my time has come to an end. It's hard to accept, I want to stay here longer; participating in the Lord's work is one of the greatest blessings I have been able to experience in my life so far.  


Last week was another good week. We were blessed with a ton of referrals and we have been trying to contact them. We picked up a new investigator named Brad from a Spanish referral that was given to us, and he had a lot of questions/concerns about the Book of Mormon and the prophet Joseph Smith. He doubted most of what we said, but he committed himself to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true, if it is the word of God!
 General Conference was great! I was inspired and uplifted, and had questions answered. Much focus was put on the Book of Mormon. I liked that. We have a planned Church tour this Saturday that the whole local community is invited to. We've made flyers for the event, passing them out and have been trying to work with the members to get this to work. We hope it goes well. 

Well, being that this is my last email, I'll leave you with my testimony. My testimony, my beliefs, have been put to the test many times over the course of my mission. Because of opposition and trials, my personal testimony of this gospel has been strengthened and has grown. Our conversion to the gospel of Jesus Christ increases as we act on what we know to be true. One thing I cannot and will never deny, is that I, and all of us, have a loving Heavenly Father, who knows us and wants to bless us. He loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to come to earth to live a perfect life and be a perfect example to us of how we should live our lives. Most of all, he willingly took upon himself our sins, pains, afflictions and sicknesses, to provide a way for us to overcome our sins and imperfections in our lives, and to enable to us to become better people, to reach our divine potential. The power of Christ's Atonement is real. I have felt it in my life, and I have recognized more as I have come to personally know my Savior more during my mission. Repentance is an amazing blessing that we have as mortal beings. Through repentance and relying on our Savior, Jesus Christ, and his Atonement, we can not only receive forgiveness of sins, but we can be relieved from the burden of guilt and shame that results from the decisions we make in our lives. It is through sincere repentance that our nature is changed, meaning that who we are can be changed for the better. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice that he made on our behalf.  I am grateful to a loving God, who loves us so much that He has restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its entirety through a man that was called of God, Joseph Smith, to restore Christ's church on the earth. I bear my witness, and I know of a surety, that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, that He did see God and Jesus Christ in a vision, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's church on the earth, with God's authority to administer in the ordinances of the Gospel. I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson, who receives direct revelation from the Lord to direct the Lord's church here on the earth. All these things I know to be true because I have read, and continue to read every day, the Book of Mormon. I want you all to know that I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is indeed the word of God, that it contains the doctrines of salvation, and it is, as the prophet Joseph Smith said, "the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." It really is! As you study, ponder, and apply daily the teachings found in the Book of Mormon, you will be so blessed! Your life will change, and you will be a better person. I know that to be true because I have experienced it myself, and continue to experience a change in my life for the better!  I have grown closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ because of the Book of Mormon. I love this Gospel, and I love you all. Never forget that God loves you! I'll be seeing some of you next week and in the near future! Have a good week!

Love,


Elder Haven Ruiz






No comments:

Post a Comment