Monday, May 8, 2017

Week 80: Bear!...No Bear!

Konnichiwa everyone! Elder Jeppsen and I are getting along great! We've been working hard too. We have been trying to find more investigators, and the least we can do is find potential investigators, so we have been tracting each day to try and meet new people. We met a lady last week who we think is a promising potential investigator, so we will try and followup with her this week. Since we don't have any investigators at the moment, we've got a lot of time to kill during each day, so Elder Jeppsen and I decided that we are doing to knock on the doors of every single house in our area! It may sound bold, but it has been done before, and we are going to do it. Whatever it takes to find those people who are ready to hear the message of the Restored Gospel!

On Thursday I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with one of our AP's, Elder Memmott, in Rancho Cucamonga. We had some cool experiences walking up to strangers and handing them cards. 

I have a question for everyone: Are you really converted? Conversion is not a one-time thing, but a continual process. If we do not seek to strengthen our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His gospel, then we are allow our faith to be weakened by lack of spiritual nourishment and put ourselves in very serious danger of losing our faith.

In the words of a paragraph from the Mormon Channel website:

 President Hinckley stated, “Faith is like the muscle of my arm. If I use it, if I nurture it, it will grow strong. If I put it in a sling and leave it there, it will grow weak” So if faith is a principle of action, how we can act upon it? What are we doing in our lives to exercise our muscle, so to speak?  And are we exercising it daily to continue to make it strong?

We may have received a witness by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon really is the word of God, but what are we doing with that witness? Are we acting on that witness and exercising our faith by continuing to read the Book of Mormon, to be able to feel the Spirit more abundantly in our lives, to learn eternal and valuable truths that we can apply in our own lives, to receive protection against our temptations, and to find peace and joy in this life? I know that all of us can receive these blessings as we read from the Book of Mormon each day and study its profound teachings. I have found these blessings in my own life as I have done so. I encourage you to check out this talk by Elder David A Bednar called "Converted Unto the Lord". 


Reading it for the first time changed my whole perception on having a testimony and being converted. I know that Christ lives and loves each of us, and that we have a loving Father in Heaven knows and loves each and every one of us and wants to bless us!

I really do love you all, and I hope you have a great week!


Elder Ruiz

 Me, Elder Jeppsen, and our AP's Elder Memmott and Elder Wilhelm
I couldn't resist taking a picture of this car while I was in Rancho haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment