Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Week 57: "You did not choose the stud life...the stud life chose you."

Howdy! For those of you in America I hope Veteran's Day treated you well. I forgot to mention last week that I was called to be a district leader for this transfer! I'm really excited for this opportunity to learn and grow.

Elder Wedel and I participated in a variety of service opportunities this last week. We pruned trees at a member's orchard and repaired a cracked water line and flattened out some of her property with a tractor, we directed traffic and shoveled manure at a fundraiser for donkeys, helped a nonmember family move some furniture, and we operated games at a fundraiser carnival for the local Cub Scout pack. The carnival was a lot of fun, the Varieur's that we have been teaching all came to the carnival and they had a great time. Yesterday after church Elder Wedel and I participated in the baptismal services of Elias, our ward mission leader's son. We each bore our testimonies at the end and we both felt good testifying directly to Elias of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. 

We have been teaching our investigators Scott and Vanessa, and last night we set a baptismal date with them for December 10, and also taught their two oldest children and picked them up as new investigators! They love coming to church as a family, and have already made several acquaintances with ward members. They even came to an Elder's Quorum service project in the ward on Friday and helped us clean a garden. We taught another investigator the Gospel of Jesus Christ and before we even brought baptism up to her, she expressed her interest in being baptized. She is eager to learn more about the gospel. Plus, Carrie and Vanessa are the first two people I have ever taught on my mission that actually filled out the study guide in the pamphlets we give to people we teach. It goes to show just how serious and interested they are about this! It is so great!

Yep so that about sums up last week. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and his infinite Atonement. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of my Father in heaven who loves me very much. Have a great week!


Elder Ruiz



Elder Wedel ad I posing for some cool photos on the tracks!


Our "work equipment" at the orchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment