Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 2: It's raining men! (Actually they're Elders)

Yay I'm so happy for the rain!

Ok, back to business. This past week has been a great experience. On thursday night we had a district inventory, and afterwards we a testimony meeting, and by the end we were all crying, ahhh I loved it so much, it was so spiritual. We were all crying at by the end (our district is all elders, no sister missionaries), our love for each other grew so much after that night. 

Our progress with our investigators...well, let's just say that we're not there to get people baptized. Elder McLaws and I made some progress with our investigators, we were even going to invite Matt-one of our investigators-to be baptized! We taught our lesson to him for longer than we were allowed, so we told him we would teach him about baptism the next day. But when we met with him the next day, he told us that he had gone out to Wendover and got drunk with his friends. He felt really depressed, like he would never be forgiven for what he did. Although we talked to him about repentance and the Atonement, I felt prompted to talk to him about it again instead of teach and invite him to baptism, to reassure him that there is a way back.

For our devotional yesterday our guest speakers were former BYU football player Chad Lewis and his wife. They were great, their testimonies are so strong, and they really do live the gospel every day. We should strive to do the same. 

Every time I go into the MTC bookstore, I am so tempted to but a pack of Spanish flashcards! I think I'll act on that temptation haha. 

Thank you for the packages, food and letters that you have sent to me here while I've been at the MTC! I received a box from the package office of Shirley's Bakery cinnamon rolls from someone by the name of Gina Jeppson...I have no idea who that person is haha, I first thought it was from the Jeppsons from Preston, Idaho, but I thought it would be strange for them to send me something since they barely know me haha. Apparently it was addressed to me because it had my MTC address on it, but on the box it's addressed to "Havier Ruiz". I was puzzled, but I wasn't about to pass up an opportunity for some good cinnamon rolls! It was when I opened the box that I realized it was from Sister Gina JACKSON, from my Orem 7th Ward!
There was a note that said "We love you and hope all is well! -The Jackson's" and I was like "Ohhhh, the Jacksons!" Yeah, so anyways I thought if was a funny moment. 

I hope all of you are doing well! I'll be leaving the MTC this afternoon and going to the SLC airport, where I'll be taking a 50-minute flight to the Ontario, California airport (I'm pretty sure this is the shortest flight I will ever be on, it's ridiculous haha.)

Choose the right! Eat your veggies and all that good stuff! Love y'all!


-Elder Ruiz



No comments:

Post a Comment