Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Week 51: General Conference

Wow, I was really inspired by General Conference during the weekend! What a wonderful blessing it is to be able to learn from a prophet of God who receives modern revelation for our day! I really enjoyed the talks that were given. I am very grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost, because the Holy Ghost taught me and reminded me about things that I can improve on. He can do the same for all of us. I observed that repentance, the Atonement, missionary work, and the sacrament were topics that were repeatedly brought up. We must remember that a testimony of these things come as we live them in our own lives.

I know, and as an authorized representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, I promise you, that as you study the teachings of the prophet, apostles, and general authorities from General Conference, you will feel the companionship of the Holy Ghost more abundantly in your daily life, and you will feel a confirmation from the Holy Ghost that what you are doing is right. You will be happier, your testimony strengthened, and your love towards others increased. You will be less selfish, and more selfless. You will be another step close to becoming like our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.  
Mosiah 2:41 :
 41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

Elder Wedel and I are still looking for ways to serve those in the local community. It is a wonderful experience to be able to give of our time to help those around us. When we are serving others we are serving God, pretty cool!

I love you all, and I hope you enjoyed General Conference over the weekend. Talk to you next week!


-Elder Ruiz



Elder Wedel and I with Brother Doss after some service

No comments:

Post a Comment