Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 47: Service, Service, and more Service!

Last week Elder Wedel and I put in a lot of service hours! For all of Friday afternoon and evening, and Saturday morning and afternoon, we hauled firewood in our little Nissan Frontier. By the time we our necks felt like leather, I swear. We were smart and we didn't put on sunscreen! We are geniuses. ;)

On Tuesday last week we went on exchanges with our district leader and his companion. Our district leader is Elder Broadhead, who I served around when we were both in Chino, and we were also in the same MTC departure group. It was nice being able to catch up on life and bike around again. We had a tender mercy that day: we contacted a potential investigator named Larry, and he was nice to us and was very open to learning more about our message about Jesus Christ. He owns most of the radio towers that you see on a mountain top if you are headed north on I-15 going through Victorville, particularly the biggest radio tower on the mountain peak. But you wouldn't even know he does, because he's pretty humble about it. What a great guy! 

On Saturday morning we attended a sword-fighting class that was put on by a member of the Phelan ward, Brother Price. He's basically Chuck Norris, except he is LDS...and he is not a redhead...and he doesn't have a beard haha. He is a highly trained martial artist, and is very skillful and knowledgeable in sword fighting and hand to hand combat. It was cool learning how to use a sword in fighting. Afterwards we helped transport animal feed to a member's home.

The work in our area is slow, but I am grateful that it is, because I feel that it gives my companion and I the opportunity to grow spiritually, and to learn that we have to work harder if we want to see results. We have been giving a lot of service this transfer and by doing so have strengthened our relationship with members and nonmembers. It has helped me to have more charity towards others. I am grateful for the many things that I have experienced on my mission.

I am emailing today because the libraries were closed for Labor Day, and our P-day was moved to today because we went to the Redlands temple  this morning. Buuuut I'll save the best for later and talk about that next week! Until then, enjoy the rest of the week, and do good continually! 


-Elder Ruiz
Here's another picture of just some of the fire damage that occurred from the Blue Cut fire a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment