Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Week 34: "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name..."

Well, last week was a BLESSING! We have a small/weak teaching pool, but after praying earnestly throughout the week we got 2 new investigators; a couple named Mayra and William! Elder Hulet and I both feel so blessed. And we also were finally able to meet an inactive member that missionaries have tried to see for the longest time, but with no success...until now! Ha, we come out victorious! And we had an awesome time with the Cogswell family for dinner last night! Sister Cogswell is a convert of about 2 years, and she's already in the Relief Society Presidency! She is so cool. And their whole family is into dirt bikes and motocross, so the breaking of the ice was easy haha. And after dinner another blessing: we had a member present with another investigator Julie! We haven't been able to teach her for a while now because she's got health issues, but she loves the Church and she avidly reads the Book of Mormon. She is a solid investigator!

Anyways, I'm loving Hesperia the more I am here! We have a baptism for our investigator Jennifer this Saturday, so we're pretty excited about that! The longer I'm out serving a mission, the more my testimony has been strengthened. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. This church is Jesus Christ's church, and I have come to know for myself that it was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. The Church is true, ladies and gentlemen.

Well, I would attach some pictures but I've got to leave ASAP, but I'll talk to you all next week!


Elder Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment